vocab for my psychology class (ignore)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Christian

Reaction score
1. motive- a need/desire that energizes and directs behavior
2. need- biological/psychological requirements for the well being of an organism
3. drives- conditions of arousal or tension within an organism that motivate the organism
4. instincts- complex, unlearned behaviors that are present throughout a species
5. homeostasis- internal balance of equilibrium that is achieved through adjustments of the nervous system
6. self-actualization- according to Maslow, the self-motivated striving to reach one’s potential
7. obese- a condition characterized by excessive body fat
8. stimulus motives- desires for increased stimulation
9. sensory deprivation- a state in which there is little/no sensory stimulation
10. achievement motivation- the desire to persevere with work and to avoid distraction in order to reach personal goals
11. performance goals- achievements motivated by a concrete, external reward
12. learning goals- achievements that are motivated by the desire to enhance one’s knowledge and skills
13. extrinsic rewards- something external given in response to the attainment of a goal, such as good grades
14. intrinsic rewards- internal rewards, such as self satisfaction, that are given in response for an attainment of a goal
15. cognitive consistency- the state in which a person’s thoughts and behaviors match his or her beliefs and the expectations of others
16. balance theory- people have a need to organize their perceptions, opinions, and beliefs in a manner that is in harmony with people around them
17. imbalance- state in which people who have strong feelings about each other disagree on a major issue
18. nonbalance- condition in which people who dislike each other feel different if they disagree
19. cognitive-dissonance theory- theory that suggests that people make attitudinal changes to reduce the tension that occurs when their thoughts and attitudes are inconsistent with their actions
20. affiliation- the desire to join with others and to be a part of something larger than oneself
21. emotions- states of feeling that involve physical arousal, expressive behaviors, and conscious experience
22. opponent-process theory- according to Solomon, the idea that an intense emotion often is followed by its opposite

Christian

Reaction score
Why did you post it if you wanted us to ignore it?

so i can print it out at school, because this website isnt blocked and my email is. i didnt mean it like YOU BETTER IGNORE IT, i meant 'just ignore it because it wont mean anything to you unless you like learning new words, then come in if thats the case'

:34:

Reaction score
well now you should print the whole thread and try and explain why people didn't Ignore it and use it in your class

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Ok while were on the subject....this is a good idea, and i would use it but all forums are blocked from mine....that being said does anyone have any good proxys i can use at school? thanks