Vince unhappy with Wade Barrett's Wardrobe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Vince McMahon apparently wants Wade Barrett to have less gimmicks that conflict with his fight club-inspired persona. According to a source, Vince recently ranted about the flower briefly returning to Barrett's wardrobe and was asking what it had to do with his character.Vince isn't angry with Barrett, but believes that he needs to focus on one thing and stick to it or else he risks looking too cartoonish. In recent months Barrett has gone from wearing jeans and being a bare knuckle fighter, then wearing the robe, then having the rose and then adding the anchor to his tights.A lot of wrestlers believe it's a case of creative giving bad direction to a wrestler on where to take their character.

Wrestlinginc

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I bet Barrett is unhappy about the way Vince books him, so it's nothing but fair.

But you know, I see Vince's point. If he's supposed to be a badass fighter, he was looking pretty good with the simple trunks that had the UK flag, Wade Barrett written behind it, elbow/knee pads and boots. Simple attire, would work with the gimmick. But as I said, this gimmick has been awfully, awfully booked, for me Barrett just seems like a random heel nowadays, no special trait that reminds us of his bareknuckle fighting except for his finisher. Sucks. What they've done with Wade is pretty bad.

Reactions: HeatherSays

arianna

The Showoff
Reaction score
How does he look cartoonish anyway? I don't see it. :gusta:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Vince unhappy with Wade Barrett's Wardrobe

Crayo said:
MMA gimmick basically.

Right so how does that link to fight club exactly, Barrett in a Tyler durden role could work actually..... Yeah I'd be cool with him in with the shield actually.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
Right so how does that link to fight club exactly, Barrett in a Tyler durden role could work actually..... Yeah I'd be cool with him in with the shield actually.

The vignettes literally meant nothing. Now he goes on about how tough he is, how he used to fight or something and that he only wrestles for money. He hardly gets mic time, the crowd don't care, it's a shell of his former self self in Nexus when he carried the load and became the best heel in WWE.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Vince unhappy with Wade Barrett's Wardrobe

Crayo said:
The vignettes literally meant nothing. Now he goes on about how tough he is, how he used to fight or something and that he only wrestles for money. He hardly gets mic time, the crowd don't care, it's a shell of his former self self in Nexus when he carried the load and became the best heel in WWE.

This is why I just choose certain parts of Raw and skip most of it.... You guys keep me up to date with the rest.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
This is why I just choose certain parts of Raw and skip most of it.... You guys keep me up to date with the rest.

I have done that while catching up, but i seem to have to go back and watch parts people talk about here after. Oh well.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Barrett shouldn't even have matches. He should walk around in Wrangler jeans and steel toe boots. He should come to the ring and challenge people in the audience to fist fights and knock their asses out. From there we can insert a face and then we have some matches, preferably no holds barred.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Barret could be epic they should have gone a dingy fight club route with him.