UWF Wrestlemania match poster.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Ok this is my first shot at a poster, so I wanted to do one for my match at Wrestlemania.

fc4378.jpg

I know it's not the great, but it was my first shot and I'm still trying to figure out how to make awesome posters.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
A few renders look really stretched out, posters are really hard to get to look even alright. So not a bad first attempt.

The_King

Reaction score
Agreed on the fact that posters are hard.

Anyways, here's some comments/suggestions.
-The main problem here are the two renders in the back (Trips & Roode). They're far too compressed, so they don't look 'real'. When resizing renders, always drag from the corners when you make them smaller, not from the left or right (assuming you're using PS). That way the render isn't stretched/compressed.
-Personally, I like everything to face a focal point (usually the center of the piece), so the fact that the ADR render faces outwards is weird in my book (but I'm weird so take it or leave it on this one haha).
-The Barett render doesn't work (not your fault, it's the render itself). The head is just really weird, so just be more careful with render selection.
-In terms of all the renders, you need to try to get them to have similar lighting/color. For instance, ADR is much lighter than Trips or Barrett. The way to do this is to click on each individual PSD, go to Layer and add adjustment layer (brightness/contrast), play around with the brightness and contrast until the render matches the other, and then merge that adjustment layer down on whatever render you're editing (this is assuming you're using photoshop lol).
-Cutting off the bottom of the title doesn't work for me. I'd probs just dump the text at the top and move the belt up.
-Finally, the top of the logo is smeared in places as well as Barrett's leg. Just be careful with that.

Decent piece, but it could definitely use some touching up. Nice work!

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Posters are hard to do and this is nice for a first attempt but others said, the renders do look a bit too stretched out and I wouldn't of done that black background behind the mania logo.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Thanks for the tips guys, and yes I'm using photoshop.

My main problem with renders is that I had to find ones not full, like cut off at the chest for the bottom and its hard to find those.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys, and yes I'm using photoshop.

My main problem with renders is that I had to find ones not full, like cut off at the chest for the bottom and its hard to find those.

Then cut them yourself or just move the renders around so it fits. Learn to hide things.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I tried nothing looked right.

Lewb

Reaction score
Few basics that have helped me. Always keep the renders height and width the same percentage. And try and get pics that share the same tone. PSD Dreams is a great site, it puts all promo pics up so you can always find similar shots of different people within reasoning (Like WWE/TNA are always different but you can always find similar)

Lewb

Reaction score
I decided to have a go of a similar poster. Check my new thread.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt