US spy agency trying to develop computers that think like humans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
A little-known US intelligence research agency hopes to revolutionize the machine mind by finding firms capable of writing computer algorithms nearly identical to those implemented by the human brain.

The Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA), which operates under the Director of National Intelligence, will host a Proposers' Day conference for the Machine Intelligence from Cortical Networks (MICrONS) program on July 17, the agency said in a press release.

“The overall and specific goal of the MICrONS program is to create a new generation of machine learning algorithms derived from high-fidelity representations of cortical microcircuits to achieve human-like performance on complex information processing tasks,” IARPA says.

In layman’s terms, that means getting computers to operate and process information much like the human brain.
For many information processing tasks, the brain employs algorithms – a step-by-step procedure for making calculations.

full article - http://rt.com/usa/169372-machine-intelligence-cortical-networks/

[HASHTAG]#skynet[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#endtimes[/HASHTAG]

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So a super-advanced AI in other words? That's something that scientists have been hypothesizing about for eons now.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
So a super-advanced AI in other words? That's something that scientists have been hypothesizing about for eons now.

YES BUT NOW THEY ARE DEVELOPING THEM, MANNN

79f94c6828700d2edc4d7759bad11b64.jpg

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
YES BUT NOW THEY ARE DEVELOPING THEM, MANNN

79f94c6828700d2edc4d7759bad11b64.jpg

I don't want to just be told "we're working on it, huh huh", I wanna see the finished product.

Reactions: Swift

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Still waiting on an automatic male masturbation machine. Once they come out with some shit like that, then I'll be amazed.