Urijah Faber Earns Title Shot, Wants TUF 15 Coaching Spot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
With his impressive performance at UFC 139 against Brian Bowles, Urijah Faber turned heads and earned himself a title shot against UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz, a bout that will complete a trilogy between the two that is now tied at one a piece.

UFC President Dana White also confirmed the bout and hinted at possible plans for the future fight that at this time has no planned date:

"I think Urijah looked good tonight... We've got some ideas we were getting together tonight and talking about. We've got to talk to Urijah and Cruz first. Cruz just had hand surgery, so he's out for a little bit, but we have an idea. We have a plan."

That plan could include a coaching gig on The Ultimate Fighter, heading into it's fifteenth season and debuting a on the FX network.

Faber, while talking to Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com, pushed for a spot that would see himself and Cruz as the opposing TUF 15 coaches:

"I have no idea (if the UFC will want us coach TUF)... but I would be great for TV. Dominick, with his widow's peak which I called out -- I know he slaps gel on it, and shaves his arms, he'd be good for TV too."

MMANews.com

Yeah, they should just throw both of them on next seasons Ultimate Fighter since Faber has already earned the title shot anyways. It might add a little bit more to a feud.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like this idea, always good to have champion and challenger as opposing coaches on TUF. Urijah Faber is UFC's poster boy so I would be shocked if he doesn't get the gig.