Update on Ziggler's Concussion :(

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by WWE.com about his concussion suffered at this week’s Smackdown tapings. Ziggler said he doesn’t remember Monday into Tuesday and that he doesn’t remember travelling from RAW to SmackDown. He did say that he remembered AJ and Big E. Langston taking him to the airport. He also noted that the concussion was caused by a kick from Jack Swagger and was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia stemming from the incident.

The company is working on alternative plans for the World Title match at Extreme Rules in case Ziggler isn’t medically cleared.

Here are some highlights from the WWE.com interview:
“I didn’t even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home,” the champion revealed, in reference to the injury, which he sustained when he interfered in a match between Jack Swagger and Big E Langston. “I don’t even remember traveling from Raw to SmackDown. I don’t remember Tuesday. I remember AJ and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning.”

“I was told I interfered in a match and tried to get my hands on a ladder,” said Ziggler, piecing together the timeline. “When I bent over to grab it, Jack Swagger kicked me in the head.”
Happily, Ziggler is on the mend since returning home, and his condition is improving.
”I feel a lot better today,” The Showoff told WWE.com of his recovery process. “Yesterday I had a bad headache. Today, I have a slight headache.”

While Ziggler’s suffered concussions before in his career, he said this was by far the worst.

“I didn’t know what day it was; I didn’t know what month it was.” he said. “I’ve had a couple of concussions before and just had a headache. I’ve never not remembered entire days, like someone in a movie.”

-PWMania

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Fuck that sounds bad. Hope he gets better :sad1:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised Swagger kicked Ziggler in the head the way he did considering shots to the head like that are supposed to be banned outright. Orton's punt kick was banned for a reason. Wonder how long it is before Punk and Bryan's roundhouse kicks to the head are banned, too (wouldn't be too optimistic that they won't be either.)

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
There should be a "bad luck Dolph" meme.

>Gets rid of Vickie
>wild Aj and Big E appear

>Finally wins the WHC
>continues jobbing
>gets a concussion

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Nasty kick, though..

Bad place, bad time..

FUUUUUUUUUUCK