Update on Possible WWE SummerSlam Plans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has confirmed the previous reports of four top SummerSlam matches being locked in - Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella, Bray Wyatt vs. Chris Jericho, Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane in a Buried Alive Match had been discussed at one point but that's looking unlikely given Bryan's recovery.
Hold off on Ambrose/Rollins till SummerSlam and I think that's shaping up to be a pretty damn good card with plenty of decent guys still to add to it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hope they do the Wyatt/Jericho feud well because I don't want Bray to drop too much lower than he was since he's not feuding with Cena anymore.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What was wrong with Bray Wyatt feudin' with Sheamus?

Jericho loses to everyone, I'm not interested in Wyatt/Jericho besides maybe a couple fun promos.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gave away Bray and Sheamus on Smackdown, stupid decision imo, and. I hate that people like Jericho and RVD don't get shit for being part timers, not that I have anything against part timers, I don't. But a little consistency would be nice from IWC neckbeards.

That said, atleast it gives Bray a "big win" over a big name......Yeah, it's Jericho, and he loses to everyone, but he is a guy that who doesn't need wins and losses.

Brie/Steph would make money.

Why Orton and Reigns? Thought Reigns/Trips was a lock.

Cena/Brock would be great and pop the buyrate, guarantee another Cena beatdown.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I hate that people like Jericho and RVD don't get shit for being part timers, not that I have anything against part timers, I don't. But a little consistency would be nice from IWC neckbeards.

I don't have a problem with them either, but I think the reason they don't is because they aren't in major feuds or in the title picture like....well Rock is really the only part-timer that's been complained about for the most part. Some have about Brock, but not enough of note. They just use broad terms like part-timers because they assume there's a lot even though they only disliked one.

Also, Jericho is kinda getting there because people are getting sick of his return and leaving shit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't have a problem with them either, but I think the reason they don't is because they aren't in major feuds or in the title picture like....well Rock is really the only part-timer that's been complained about for the most part. Some have about Brock, but not enough of note. They just use broad terms like part-timers because they assume there's a lot even though they only disliked one.

Also, Jericho is kinda getting there because people are getting sick of his return and leaving shit.
Batista was unfairly crucified for his recent run.

Does it have something to do with people who are successful outside of wrestling? I mean, Rocks schedule for his last title run was insane and was more than any guy on the active roster could do. But that's neither here or there.

I just don't like the hypocrisy, neckbeards tho.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Batista was unfairly crucified for his recent run.

Does it have something to do with people who are successful outside of wrestling? I mean, Rocks schedule for his last title run was insane and was more than any guy on the active roster could do. But that's neither here or there.

I just don't like the hypocrisy, neckbeards tho.

Shit I can't believe I forgot about Batista, I was more thinking when the part-timer hate first started. And no, I don't really think it has to do with the success outside of wrestling, I think it's just that they were pushed into the title scene when most of the complainers would have rathered other people get/keep the belt. Batista hasn't had much success outside of wrestling, not compared to Rock or Brock or anything, and like I said Brock hasn't really been criticized much at all. No really consistency though, so I don't think we'll get anywhere with this discussion tbh.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pretty sure Batista had more success than Jericho, I mean 2 successful movies in 2 years isn't that bad, better than most actual actors.

I'm still convinced a certain number of "wrestling fans" hate when wrestlers do anything outside the industry and act like they sold out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I didn't say Batista didn't have more success than Jericho. But he had less success than Brock and he's still well-liked. I think it just has more to do with them pushed into the title picture because your neckbeards weigh titles higher than people should.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well first off all I need this term "Neckbeards" explaining to me because until deezy started using it a few weeks back I had never heard it before.

Also I think most fans would be mad at the company over the Batista thing, not the guy himself, its just that he was the one out there. I don't begrudge wrestlers success outside of wrestling, but don't agree with them coming back and expecting to be the kings of the mountain just like that. The only problem I had with the Rock was when he attacked the other wrestlers for using the WWE has a holiday camp when he was doing the same himself.

Back on subject I would be pretty happy if this was the card. Really like the look of the Bray-Jericho feud. Still don't think Brie-Steph works as a PPV match for reasons stated before.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well first off all I need this term "Neckbeards" explaining to me because until deezy started using it a few weeks back I had never heard it before.

Also I think most fans would be mad at the company over the Batista thing, not the guy himself, its just that he was the one out there. I don't begrudge wrestlers success outside of wrestling, but don't agree with them coming back and expecting to be the kings of the mountain just like that. The only problem I had with the Rock was when he attacked the other wrestlers for using the WWE has a holiday camp when he was doing the same himself.

Back on subject I would be pretty happy if this was the card. Really like the look of the Bray-Jericho feud. Still don't think Brie-Steph works as a PPV match for reasons stated before.
images
<-------Neckbeard.

Mainly guys who don't know shit about anything, but arrogant enough to act like they know everything, guys who talk about models not being tens because of pointy elbows or an eyebrow being thicker than the other. Often criticize successful people, everything is overrated, and generally pretend to hate everything "Mainstream".

I.E, net nerds who live in their mamas basements and act like they are the shit.

Rock paid all his dues when he was working 300 days a year when he was the top face in the company. He is King of The Mountain, because besides Cena, no one is even close to his star status and holding a promo he did back in 02 is just out of context hate.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How do these things just leak like this

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
For a company that is typically decent with main events of this magnitude, this was leaked relatively easily.

Oh well, still gonna enjoy watching Brock beat on Cena again