Update On Giulia, How Her Character Will Be Portrayed On WWE Programming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Another update on international superstar Giulia and her impending WWE NXT debut following her recently sustained injury. Fightful Select’s Corey Brennan released this report, which can be read in full below.

-It was announced this morning that Giulia had sustained a wrist injury at the recent Marigold event, and that she would be pulled from future appearances excluding her showdown with Sareee in July. WWE sources are hopeful Giulia will recover in time for NXT Heatwave.

-Initial reports indicated Giulia was expected to compete in a title match at NXT Heatwave, targeting an NXT Women’s Title match with Roxanne Perez on July 7th.

-These plans are not confirmed and could change due to Giulia’s commitments to Marigold and her injury status.

-Despite her injury, Giulia is still booked for Marigold’s Summer Destiny event on July 13th and intends to compete.

-Japanese sources confirmed her expected match with Sareee and stated it shouldn’t affect her WWE appearances beforehand.

-Giulia is set to lead the next class of talent at the WWE Performance Center, which includes prospects from recent Australia tryouts.

-WWE plans to maintain Giulia’s current persona, valuing her established character.

-During WrestleMania weekend, Giulia had positive interactions backstage, including a notable conversation with Shawn Michaels.

-Giulia’s English skills are not a major concern; WWE has embraced talents speaking their native languages, but they appreciate her effort in learning English.​
Can't wait to see her debut and see the hype.​

Reactions: Cwalker

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
-WWE plans to maintain Giulia’s current persona, valuing her established character.

-Giulia’s English skills are not a major concern; WWE has embraced talents speaking their native languages, but they appreciate her effort in learning English.

I think these are good signs of her treatment in WWE. Obviously I think there's a need to give her the vignette treatment or something similar to give a new audience a "primer" into who she is since that is sometimes a lost art in WWE and AEW. I'm also glad they are allowing people who speak multiple languages to use that tool. While Shinsuke is still sadly a jobber to the stars, his promos in Japanese have been a welcome change and made his character different. Though given the fact Giulia is multi-linguistic already with Italian and Japanese, so once you're already bilingual or multi-linquistic, the ability to pick up another language is better than the average person.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean it's a Fracture but they are really rolling the Dice thinking 6-12 Weeks will be enough for her to recover they are guessing in my opinion. It could linger longer and I would hope they would give her at least a Month once the Wrist is fully healed to get back into the flow of being in the Ring again. I wouldn't risk it at all and her wanting to do her dates for Marigold hold her out till August if it was me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

That's a hell of a statement.​

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Yea, not surprising at all and we all know why. Heck, they wouldn't have Giulia lose against Charlotte at Mania either, regardless of who's in charge. :shrug:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So Giulia is already being put into Hall of Fame Status where I think Asuka is in my opinion slow down she's got a long road to go but potentially she has the ability to achieve it. If only they would of gave a damn about Sareee and not try to make her into something she's not because she is cooking once again overseas in Japan and she could of been doing that cooking on the Main Roster right now.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
If only they would of gave a damn about Sareee and not try to make her into something she's not because she is cooking once again overseas in Japan and she could of been doing that cooking on the Main Roster right now.

Sadly Vince got up to 1992 in regards to his Pop-culture and discovered what "Sailor Moon" was and did that with the nuance of a brick to the head.