Update on creative for new talent reportedly joining AEW soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
f4ffbqtwwaeewip.webp

Mariah May is expected to join AEW.

The 25-year-old finished up with Stardom last weekend and then teased "she had a flight to catch" on social media, spurring rumors she could appear at AEW WrestleDream. While May wasn't on the show, it's believed she is headed to AEW eventually.

May's status was addressed by our own Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

"There was a lot of talk she would be going to Seattle but she actually flew back home to the U.K. She is expected in AEW, possibly being part of a group with Toni Storm," Meltzer wrote.

Following her loss to Hanan on the final night of the 5 Star Grand Prix, an emotional May told the Yokohama crowd that it was her last match in Japan. However, she previously told Stardom she would return eventually.

Regarding May possibly being involved in a group with Toni Storm, her character has taken an interesting turn since losing the AEW Women's World title. Storm coined herself "Timeless" Toni Storm during a "Portrait of a Star" segment that aired on AEW Dynamite this week. She then defeated Skye Blue in a segment that averaged 795,000 viewers and 361,000 in the 18-49 demographic.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
She screams WWE. But if AEW snags her, I hope to meet her in a fanfest convention.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
pairing her with Toni is exactly what I wanted so I hope they pull the trigger. She can be her ''understudy''
Love this idea

The Understudy Mariah May sounds good too.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Is Leva Bates still round they should make her Toni's publicist, add May as the understudy and give her a leading man too would of said Ryan Nameth but with Dolph coming that might not work. I suppose Avalon could work but that is ok. Maybe Anthony Ogogo or Scorpio Sky, maybe.