Update on CM Punk's push

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Credit: PWInsider.com

While it may appear to some that WWE has halted CM Punk's push or put him on the backburner, sources say that is not the case. WWE officials were very surprised at new merchandise numbers for Punk. Punk is now one of the company's top sellers and is neck-and-neck with John Cena. In one demographic, likely males, Punk is on pace to pass Cena in sales.

Because of Punk's success coming out of the summer storylines, WWE officials are now actively looking for ways to monetize him. WWE Studios are looking for projects that Punk could star in and there is talk of doing a CM Punk book, in part because the company hasn't had many books lined up as of late. There are also plans to release more Punk merchandise soon. Punk is also planned to be a bigger part of WWE programming and pay-per-views going into 2012. Word is that the company will be going "full blown" when it comes to Punk.

Regarding creative plans, Punk is scheduled to headline several upcoming pay-per-views with WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio. There's no word yet where John Cena will fit into the feud, if he will at all. Some have questioned WWE's booking of Punk as of late but it's said that WWE is trying to build sympathy for his losses as a part of something bigger.
Neck to neck with Cena n sales? Don't remember the last time I've heard about someone being that close to Cena when it came to merch. Not surprised that he is gonna pass up Cena in the male demo. But sounds like they even bigger plans for him and as I've said before I think his mania match is going to be with Austin.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Yeah I don't remember the last time someone was actually head to head with Cena in merch sales. According to PWInsider, WWE are looking for a screenwriter to write a script for The Marine 3 & there's talk of possibly having Punk as the lead role. I don't know though if he'd be a fit for The Marine having never seen Cena's movie or Ted DiBiase Jr's but i'd definitely like to see Punk in a movie. A book? I'd rather not see him release one until his career finishes as i'm sure a book written by Punk would be edited in some way by WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't get me wrong, since Punk started rocking the shorter, slicked back hair I think he looks alot more like a top star and more mainstream, but for me doesn't have the image of someone to be in a marine film. Would need to be something a bit more grittier.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't care about the movie part at all but I am glad Punk is having such great success. I expect him become champion again in the near future even though Del Rio deserves a year long reign.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Could see Punk alongside Sheamus being the 2 top candidates to win the Royal Rumble actually given their current overness and what not.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm very happy to hear this. Punk grabbed the world by the throat and earned the attention he's gotten. As for the book? Fuck yeah. I've only read one wrestling related book and that was Jericho's first auto-bio. I'm sure Punk could match the level of humor that kept me reading Jericho's book and I'm sure he's got some great stories to tell, if at least from his indy and early-WWE days.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Did Punk really do the weather is that a pretty good photoshop job? lol

Anyways I think if he did a book it'd be a tell all and if so I'd be the first book in a very long time that I said I want to go out an buy if it was totally uncut. As for the movie would rather he not did marine but something more that fit him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;BTrd8k6mzTk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTrd8k6mzTk[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Loved the plugging of his shirt lol.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Could see Punk alongside Sheamus being the 2 top candidates to win the Royal Rumble actually given their current overness and what not.

I've had Punk as the RR winner next year for around a month or so now, since he lost the WWE title.