Update on Christian

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There is speculation about Christian’s WWE status after he hasn’t appeared on RAW and SmackDown in a few weeks. Christian was scheduled to feud with United States Champion Antonio Cesaro but word is that WWE officials want to keep Christian off TV until after TNA’s Bound For Glory pay-per-view in October.

Christian is scheduled to appear during Bound For Glory weekend and induct Sting into TNA’s Hall of Fame. This is part of the deal between WWE and TNA that allowed Ric Flair to appear at the WWE Hall of Fame earlier this year.

While there is no heat on Christian because he didn’t choose to appear for TNA, WWE officials don’t want him appearing for them while he’s in the middle of a title feud on their programming. Expect him to feud with Cesaro later this year unless things change.
source

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
No different than his "I'm very European" gimmick

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yes, he's a great wrestler. I never said he wasn't bud. He's just incredibly boring. His mic skills are lacking from what I've seen, this 5 language gimmick (which isn't even correct) is even more humiliating.

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well that isn't his fault really. His gimmick is ok now, but he is decent on the mic when someone gives him something. I will say I hate his music. Talent wise though, he's very good.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Mainstream87 said:
Well that isn't his fault really. His gimmick is ok now, but he is decent on the mic when someone gives him something. I will say I hate his music. Talent wise though, he's very good.

I've not seen any great WWE mic work from him. I've probably missed some decent promos outside of WWE, I'd love for someone to post them. But so far he looks like a Swagger level talker, or a Justin Gabriel level talker. In modern WWE, if you can't talk -- or don't have a manager to do it for you -- then you're in trouble.

And yeah he possibly has THE worst theme in WWE. I would have kept him with Hero to be honest, there was no need to split them.

Reactions: Snowman1

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
His RoH stuff was clearly his best. Most of his Indy work was really good, his mic work has never been elite, but he is pretty decent. I think everyone can agree that we would rather have him with Hero.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I meant the matches. Although Christian could carry the promos. And yeah, his theme is horrible.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well damn. I'd love to see a PPV-length match between the two, and in a roster as depleted as it is they need Christian's working ability... hopefully WWE can bring him back sooner than BFG.

But why are they keeping him off TV for this? That makes no sense.

As for Cesaro, the 5 Languages thing is great when rubbing it in peoples faces, but that's the only time it's a good idea or will ever be a good idea. It just shows he's smart enough to learn those languages... well, intelligence is pretty much frowned upon in the world today so maybe it is a good idea. Nice job staying in touch, WWE

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Reason they're keeping him off TV is basically so his fans forget about him for a bit. If he was doing well and constantly appearing in WWE and keeping his fanbase happy (and growing it), then TNA advertising Christian's appearance could make some WWE fans convert to see Christian, like the product and continue to watch TNA. It's stupid but logical to say he least.

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Reason they're keeping him off TV is basically so his fans forget about him for a bit. If he was doing well and constantly appearing in WWE and keeping his fanbase happy (and growing it), then TNA advertising Christian's appearance could make some WWE fans convert to see Christian, like the product and continue to watch TNA. It's stupid but logical to say he least.

That's actually a pretty valid point. Why have a strong push on tv when he's going to appear on a top ppv on another promotion.