Update on Batista moving forward

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
By Tanya Diente | October 15, 2014 1:02 PM EST

Following the success of his portrayal as Drax "The Destroyer" in "Guardians of the Galaxy," WWE star Dave Batista has reportedly grabbed the role of the villain Hinx in "James Bond 24." His new Hollywood movie involvement could allegedly put a hold on his wrestling career especially his participation at Wrestlemania 31.
Rumours broke a few weeks ago about the casting call for Hinx in "James Bond 24." According to Movieweb, producers wanted someone who can portray a resemblance to the iconic 007 villains Oddjob and Jaws. The team was reportedly looking for an actor between 30 and 45 years old who is over six feet tall.

Now Wrestlinginc has confirmed that Dave Batista has landed the role of "iconic baddy." Standing at 6'6", the 45-year-old WWE star will be the main henchman or assassin in "James Bond 24." Portraying the role of Hinx requires the actor to be physically fit since he will have several fight scenes with agent 007. Dave Batista, whose real name is Dave Bautista, will reportedly also need stunt training and driver's training. Being an active participant of the extreme physical sport of wrestling has also landed him the role. Casting call was also out for a Hinx actor who comes from a sports background.

However, landing the role of Hinx in "James Bond 24" may put a hold to Dave Batista's wrestling career. According to Inquisitr, he may put off appearances in the Royal Rumble 2015 and Wrestlemania 31. The 45-year-old is reportedly getting older and has supposedly eyed Wrestlemania to be his farewell WWE participation.

Additionally, Dave Batista was supposedly expected by WWE officials to hold off hisHollywood profession even for a short time so he can focus on his wrestling career. He was reportedly originally paired up for a match with Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 30 for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. He was assured of the title long enough before returning to promote "Guardians of the Galaxy." Unfortunately, according to the report, that deal never happened, which left the wrestler to forego his desire for "creative control" over his WWE fights.

Filming for "James Bond 24" begins on Dec. 6. Along with Dave Batista as Hinx, Daniel Craig will reprise his role as James Bond for the fourth time.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/569591/20141015/wwe-dave-batista-hinx-james-bond-24.htm#.VI9pwCvF-uo

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
His WWE career is/should be over. Stay gone, Batista. We don't need you coming back.
I love it when Batista quits. His heel runs are magic. Batista should travel the country and quit. It's inspiring and moving.
40e8914b7d2ba42dbf2f5b0ba3ae9eb3.gif
psGm0_.gif

Last edited:

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
he was good at one time but when he came back to wrestle and win the belt just to leave again STAY GONE Lol WWE doesnt need ur Bald ass here anymore

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Fight scenes with an iconic movie character like James Bond >>>>> Wrestling matches with the likes of John Cena/Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton/etc.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Obviously best for Batista, question is why do producers want this scrub ass bum around

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Batista's also set to star in some sort of Kickboxer remake, he'll portray Tong Po. Which is cool, but Tong Po, the character, is not American. lol

• Haha
Reactions: u_cant_c_me

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Batista's also set to star in some sort of Kickboxer remake, he'll portray Tong Po. Which is cool, but Tong Po, the character, is not American. lol
LOL o god when is that coming out I want to make sure to see that so i can Laugh XD