Update: Alberto Del Rio Suffers 'Serious Concussion'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Here's more detailed update on what happening with Alberto and what they are planning for NWO.

A WWE source told sports blog Corey Unfiltered (coryradford.blog.com) Friday that Alberto Del Rio suffered a "serious concussion" at last Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Columbia, South Carolina. During a skirmish, Sheamus slammed Del Rio's head against the metal WWE logo, leading to his concussion. Kane replaced Del Rio as Sheamus' Steel Cage Match opponent in the post-taping bout and at Saturday's SmackDown live event in Salisbury, Maryland.

Del Rio's injury puts his World Heavyweight Championship Match against Sheamus at No Way Out on June 17 in jeopardy since WWE officials believe he will not receive medical clearance in time for the pay-per-view event. Contingency plans are being discussed in case Del Rio is unable to compete, including removing Kane from the WWE Championship Match against CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Other plans broached include a Battle Royal or a Beat the Clock Challenge to take place at this Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Manchester, New Hampshire

Meanwhile, WWE heads Vince McMahon and Triple H are becoming increasingly worried that Del Rio cannot be relied on due to injury concerns. He is being compared to former WWE star Mr. Kennedy (now known as Mr. Anderson in TNA Wrestling), whose reputation for being injury prone partially led to his release from the organization in 2009.

Source

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Someone give me a video of the injury. Way to go Sheamus you jizz guzzling homo

Reactions: Rysenberg

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
k1lU5.gif

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Another one bites the dust WWE talent are gonna be fucked having to work extra shows to cover other wrestlers being absent which means more injuries will happen and more drug taking will happen leading to wellness failures

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That looked rough. I hope Del Rio doesn't have any problems due to the concussion. Curious to see how NWO will play out.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Don't be shy.... Tell us how you really feel!

#darksidegames

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sheamus is clearly racist and jealous of ADR's lovely complexion. I read his lips as he throws him into the steel he says "Take this ya tan bar-stard!"

This was a hate crime ladies and gentleman.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Sheamus is clearly racist and jealous of ADR's lovely complexion. I read his lips as he throws him into the steel he says "Take this ya tan bar-stard!"

This was a hate crime ladies and gentleman.

But, Ricardo was dressed up as Sheamus, id say he deserved it :eek:tunga: what a personal and intense feud this has become, please WWE never ever end it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Blurring the lines of kayfabe and reality.. it's a modern day Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They are worried about Del Rio being injury prone? Not the large pale mongo they have strutting around with the heavyweight title being to prone to injure people? Doesn't Sheamus have a history of being stiff and easily injure people, Del Rio is a example, I also think Evan Bourne got a taste of the big pale phallus. And didn't Sheamus break a guys neck in one of his first WWE matches?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Injury prone lmao, what a joke. Let's take Vince and HHH and have Sheamus stiffly smash their face into some steel and see how well they come away from it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Del Rio's not injury prone, the injury didn't happen during a match in result of a normal move, Sheamus just threw his head right on that steel logo. It looks like he's injury prone because one injury happened right after the other, but I don't think he's been out due to physical problems before in his WWE run. Sheamus is a stiff worker, that's it.