Understanding Thought Processes Behind New MMA Fan Decisions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0063649905.jpg
One thing that I don't think MMA fans fully appreciate is when they are given insight into why someone is not a fan. From what I see in the comments here on Bloody Elbow and on other sites, people still get very angry about anyone who doesn't think that "our sport" is great.

We're past the point where most people who don't like the sport are easy converts or people who see the sport as needlessly violent. The Daily Campus from the University of Connecticut has an editorial by senior staff writer Dan Agabiti posted which explains Dan's thought process in deciding that it's time for him to give the sport a chance. There's value in seeing what someone in the target age range for the UFC goes through in making these decisions.

From the article:

I don't know if I could go so far as to say that I'm interested in UFC, but I'm definitely not turned off by it. The simple, yet intense formula of one man's strength pitted against another's in an organized and well-thought out manner sounds like it could be awesome, awful or somewhere in between.

UFC has emerged on the sports scene like that stereotypical new guy in high school that moves from Southern California to a small-town high school in Hickville. The kid plays acoustic guitar, claims to have met a few B-list celebrities and talks a big game about his athletic abilities. All the easy girls fawn over him instantly, other girls aren't so easily convinced and guys act like they don't care, but they do. As hard as you try, you can't ignore him.

I'd advise at least giving the article a once over to continue to understand those who have yet to be pulled in by the UFC's gravity.