Umaga deserved a title of world championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Skypell

Jobber
Reaction score
Openly, when I think that the WWE gave a title of world championship to The Great Khali and not to Umaga, I say myself that bookers had really gone off the rails at the time.

Umaga former intercontinental champion will have had regrettably never really his hour of glory in the WWE, he had of the talent nevertheless and often took out us of drinkable matches to see very good for some.

Especially, he has had amazing
debuts : he had defeated clean Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Kane all the same.

Then, his rivalry with John Cena for the title of the WWE comes then (which leading to moreover in an exellent Last Man Standing match between 2 in the ppv Royal Rumble 2007).

It is after his defeat against Cena to Royal Rumble that he came down again it up-card, then began fighting for the Intercontinental title It is after his defeat against Cena in Royal Rumble that he came down again it up-card, then began fighting for the Intercontinental title (which went to him not at all, him squashed all the time the mid-carders) with some fights against eventers hands but nothing very enormous.

Then also, for me it was the only "Big Men" with Brock Lesnar good in ring and that could take out us matches of more than 4 stars (for example his Last Man Standing against Cena and the match in cage against Jeff Hardy to Raw).

I may looked I do not understand why the WWE did not want to go up Umaga to the summit. He had everything for (destroyer's gimmick, good on the ring, agile, good grips) contrary to The Great Khali.

And you, think you that Umaga was underrated and that he deserved better in the WWE?

Last edited:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Openly, when I think that the WWE gave a title of world championship to The Great Khali and not to Umaga, I say myself that bookers had really gone off the rails at the time.

Umaga former intercontinental champion will have had regrettably never really his hour of glory in the WWE, he had of the talent nevertheless and often took out us of drinkable matches to see very good for some.

Especially, he has had amazing
debuts : he had defeated clean Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Kane all the same.

Then, his rivalry with John Cena for the title of the WWE comes then (which leading to moreover in an exellent Last Man Standing match between 2 in the ppv Royal Rumble 2007).

It is after his defeat against Cena to Royal Rumble that he came down again it up-card, then began fighting for the Intercontinental title It is after his defeat against Cena in Royal Rumble that he came down again it up-card, then began fighting for the Intercontinental title (which went to him not at all, him squashed all the time the mid-carders) with some fights against eventers hands but nothing very enormous.

Then also, for me it was the only "Big Men" with Brock Lesnar good in ring and that could take out us matches of more than 4 stars (for example his Last Man Standing against Cena and the match in cage against Jeff Hardy to Raw).

I may looked I do not understand why the WWE did not want to go up Umaga to the summit. He had everything for (destroyer's gimmick, good on the boxing ring, agile, good grips) contrary to The Great Khali.

And you, think you that Umaga was underrated and that he deserved better in the WWE?
I agree buddy Umaga was a beast in the ring and he far more deserved a title opportunity then The Not so Great Khali......That guy was terrible I mean just awful....He gets my vote for one of the worse wrestlers ever!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Umaga's character wasn't made to hold the WWE Championship. He was built to be a chasing monster, and he obviously filled that role well.

Fireshock

THE INSTANT CLASSIC
Reaction score
I always did like Umaga, he was a beast in the ring. I would not say World champion but I wish he held the IC belt a bit longer like year or so would have been awesome. His match with Cena at RR 2007 was brutal in a good way. Thought as much as I liked hated the Samoan Spike, he should have a submission move like a dragon sleeper or something around that area.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I always did like Umaga, he was a beast in the ring. I would not say World champion but I wish he held the IC belt a bit longer like year or so would have been awesome. His match with Cena at RR 2007 was brutal in a good way. Thought as much as I liked hated the Samoan Spike, he should have a submission move like a dragon sleeper or something around that area.
Yea the Samoan spike was thrash!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Umaga was a beast. The only thing I didn't like about him was his finisher.

Plus, it's a shame Khali got to be the champ and Umaga didn't, not even once. But, oh well.

Fireshock

THE INSTANT CLASSIC
Reaction score
Umaga was a beast. The only thing I didn't like about him was his finisher.

Plus, it's a shame Khali got to be the champ and Umaga didn't, not even once. But, oh well.
WITW37.3.jpg

Ugh I am having horrible flashbacks already to that :(

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I compare Umaga to like how Rusev is right now, a beast who has some good talent, he is someone who does deserve more.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I compare Umaga to like how Rusev is right now, a beast who has some good talent, he is someone who does deserve more.
Umaga=Rusev.............. Minus the Samoan Spike (thrash)