UFC Welterweight Rick Story Calls Out Dong Hyun Kim

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
20090925112827_rickystory_JPG_large.jpg
UFC welterweight Rick Story suffered a major career set back at UFC on Versus 4 in June when he dropped a decision to last-second substitute Charlie Brenneman. Story had been set to face Nate Marquardt before Marquardt got himself medically blocked from fighting and kicked out of the UFC over a Testosterone Replacement Therapy fiasco.

Before that loss Story was on a clear track to contention having beaten the otherwise undefeated Johny Hendricks and perennial top 3 welterweight Thiago Alves back-to-back. Now he's looking to get back into the hunt and he has an idea for his next opponent: Dong Hyun Kim.

Story talked to MMA Junkie:

"I think it will solidify that the last fight was kind of a fluke, and it would [rebuild] some of that lost momentum," he said.

"I'd like to do it at UFC 139 on Nov. 19," he said.

He's looking to get back into contention but he'll have to wait for Kim to serve his medical suspension after Carlos Condit broke his right orbital bone with a vicious flying knee. Kim is suspended at least until September 1 and if he's not cleared by an Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor can have no contact until December 30.

We'll see how that fits into Joe Silva's plans for Kim and Story. One would think the UFC would want Kim on their Japanese card which is rumored for the end of the year.

Rick Story
L (Dec.) Charlie Brenneman UFC on Versus 4
W (Dec.) Thiago Alves UFC 130
W (Dec.) Johny Hendricks Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale
W (TKO) Dustin Hazelett UFC 117

Dong Hyun Kim
L (KO) Carlos Condit UFC 132
W (Dec.) Nate Diaz UFC 125
W (Dec.) Amir Sadollah UFC 114
W (Dec.) T.J. Grant UFC 100