UFC Veteran Mike Whitehead Takes Plea Deal in Sexual Assault Case

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Mike_Whitehead_Tim_Sylvia_large.jpg
It hasn't exactly been a banner week for former UFC fighters facing legal trouble. Joe Son was recently sentenced for his participation in a gang rape and now Mike Whitehead, a former Ultimate Fighter cast member and loser to Keith Jardine at UFC 57, will be taking a plea deal on a sexual assault charge. Via MMA Fighting:

MMA veteran Mike Whitehead is expected to be sentenced to probation after pleading guilty under the Alford doctrine to a charge of attempted sexual assault in Nevada.

Whitehead will not be sentenced until January 19, 2012. According to the Las Vegas Sun, he is expected to receive probation, but could receive a prison term of up to 20 years.

According to the Sun, the victim told police that she and a friend had visited Whitehead's home for a barbecue and stayed there after drinking.

Whitehead reportedly told the women they could sleep in his bed. One of the women said she awoke some time later to find her pants down and Whitehead having sex with her. According to the police report, she asked him to stop, but he continued for three minutes before stopping.

Personally, I think getting probation and not actually having to admit guilt while only taking the "attempted" charge is getting off incredibly light for Whitehead. But maybe that's just me.