UFC to Buy G4 and leave Spike TV?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
source: prowrestling.net

The Wall Street Journal reports that UFC is attempting to "buy control" of the G4 Network. Reports indicate that UFC officials met with Comcast executives regarding the network on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, MMAFighting.com reports that Spike TV is preparing for life without UFC. The current television deal with UFC and Spike TV concludes at the end of 2011.

source: http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10018919.shtml

Would be a huge step for them, obviously they would just rebrand the network as there own, and I think it would mean a lot more free fights on TV.
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/mmaufcnews/article10018919.shtml

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Spike would be fucked if this happened. I'm not totally sure but UFC stuff is probably Spike's highest rated programming. So this would hurt them bad. Would be huge for UFC though to have it basically be a channel they control and be all about UFC rather than just be apart of a network.

Ben

Reaction score
UFC and TNA are both pretty much the same when it comes to ratings for them. UFC get's them the better ad rates though as it hits a more targeted market. Spike would be in trouble for a bit, but I could see them making a play for Bellator who is doing really good ratings for being on MTV2 a channel no one really watches. Really would of thought WWE would of pulled out there own channel for UFC, so maybe this will give Vince more drive to get there deal done.