UFC Signs Tristar Gym Product, Francis Carmont for UFC 137 Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
BX7F0174_large.jpg
While accompany his friend and training partner, Georges St. Pierre to Las Vegas yesterday for the now infamous UFC 137 press conference, French fighter, Francis Carmont, managed to also get himself a UFC contract and a fight on the same card as St. Pierre. Carmont's trainer, Eric Keefe, who works under Firas Zahabi at Tristar Vale Tudo in Montreal, revealed the news to Sherdog:

According to trainer Eric O’Keefe, Carmont was in Las Vegas Wednesday with Tristar Gym teammate Georges St. Pierre for the promotion’s UFC 137 press conference, and the 16-7 fighter signed the dotted line before returning to the Montreal area on a redeye.

No opponent has yet been named, but O’Keefe says that he expects an opponent to be offered in the coming days.

"The thing that’s great about Francis is that because of his reach and his style he can fight anybody," said O’Keefe. "If I could have my choice I would probably pick someone that could bang with him, because he can bang but his ground-and-pound is devastating."

Carmont, a native of France, who now trains full-time at Tristar in Montreal alongside St. Pierre, Rory MacDonald, and John Makdessi, has spent most of his career at light heavyweight, but will be cutting to 185 lbs for his UFC debut. A 16-7 record and victories over mostly weak opponents don't seem terribly impressive, but Carmont is on a five-fight winning streak, including a June TKO over former UFC fighter, Jason Day, and the Frenchman's connections to St. Pierre and Zahabi probably didn't hurt in getting him a contract either.

We'll update you when an opponent for Carmont is announced.

Francis "Limitless" Carmont (16-7)
Win Jason Day (TKO - punches) - Slammer in the Hammer
Win Kelly Anundson (submission - armbar) - Strength and Honor Championship
Win Simon Carlsen (TKO - punches) - Heroes Gate 3