UFC Primetime Special to Air on Fox October 30

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
FOX_20SPORTS_20LOGO_2_large.jpg
One of the major factors that will determine the success of the UFC on Fox is how well the network integrates their new fight toy with other programming. Early indications are positive. I've seen a UFC teaser trailer (it was the same hype video that played as an intro to the press conference announcing the deal) during the single preseason NFL game I watched this year, and now Fox has announced plans to air a one-hour Primetime special:

On Sunday, Oct. 30, in anticipation of the UFC's landmark live primetime FOX debut in November, FOX Sports offers UFC PRIMETIME, an intense, one-hour, behind-the-scenes look at the fighters' preparation leading up to the Nov. 12 main event. FOX Sports recently announced a multi-year, multi-platform rights agreement that features programming on several FOX networks including FX and FUEL TV. Featured programming includes live fights, pre and post shows, countdown shows, and a variety of UFC-produced original programs.

The one-hour Primetime special will air preceding or following NFL football, dependent on the regional market. Fox's October 30 NFL schedule looks like this (all times ET):

1:00 PM
Minnesota Vikings at Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams
Arizona Cardinals at Baltimore Ravens

4:05 PM
Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Washington Redskins at Buffalo Bills (Toronto)

The UFC has yet to announce matchups for the November 12 special on Fox.

More coverage of the UFC on Fox