UFC Planning July 7 Pay-Per-View and Fan Expo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The UFC’s spring and summer schedule is coming together so fast that the promotion doesn’t even have them named yet. On the heels of a May 15 date for a fight night event in Virginia, the promotion is also expected to put on a pay-per-view show July 7 in Las Vegas.

Sources close to the event confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that July 7 is in the works, likely at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, in conjunction with a UFC Fan Expo on July 6 and 7 at Mandalay Bay Events Center. MMAFighting.com first reported the possibility of the summer event.

The latest numbered event so far officially on the schedule is UFC 145 in Atlanta on April 21. That would likely put the July 7 event at about UFC 148, but it’s still too soon to declare a number for it.

The UFC’s schedule has been in flux with a number of new events as part of its television deal with Fox, including dates for Fox, FX, and Fuel TV, in addition to pay-per-views. It has also been a little difficult to nail down headline bouts for pay-per-views with champions Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre sidelined, and bantamweight titleholder Dominick Cruz wrapped up as a coach in the next season of The Ultimate Fighter.

No bouts have been rumored yet for the July 7 event.

UFC is going crazy with all of these events, seeing as this show is going to be a Summer PPV it should be a good one could have the Overeem-Dos Santos fight on it.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Really... this is just the best time to be a fan of UFC... a fan of MMA cause now its almost everywhere. You got Fox, you got FX, and if you lucky you also got Fuel. Then you still have those top notch shows on PPV.

Very good time to be a fan of MMA. Plus you have the heavyweights from Strikeforce coming over and they have some talent. SHoot I'm gettin excited just typing this :p

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Haha I'm lucky enough to have Fuel Tv. But yeah, definitely a really good time to be a fan of MMA. Huge Fox show on this weekend, and UFC 143 next weekend, good shit.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The Fox show and Diaz/Condit are great and all, but the Japan card has me hyped as hell.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The Japan card is just incredible, there's not one fight on the card that doesn't interest me.