UFC Planning Japanese Event for 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sherdog said:
It appears the UFC will return to the Land of the Rising Sun sooner rather than later.

UFC President Dana White on Thursday revealed that the promotion may hold an event in Japan before year’s end. Little is known about the proposed bill as of yet, but it seems the rumors surrounding the possibility of a Japanese UFC show were valid.

The UFC has not visited Japan since Zuffa purchased the promotion in 2001, though its previous owners, Semaphore Entertainment Group, put on four Japanese events, with the last one being UFC 29 in December 2000.

The UFC now have a number of Japanese fighters on the roster so a UFC card stacked with Japanese fighters would work well. It is surprising to me that they haven't been to Japan for so long, I would have thought that UFC could make a fair bit of money in Japan by running events there. Be interesting to see what event they decided to hold in Japan.