UFC on Versus 6: Stefan Struve Talks Being Friends with Pat Barry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Often going into a fight, the fighters need to psych themselves up with some animosity towards their opponents. The fight between Stefan Struve and Pat Barry hasn't had any of that. The two have been joking back and forth on twitter and on the media call this past monday, they were extremely cordial with one another. In fact, it could be viewed as a fight between friends. MMA Nation's Luke Thomas caught up with Stefan Struve at the open work outs yesterday for the UFC show in Washington, D.C. Among the discussion points, the most interesting to me was what Struve had to say about his relationship with Pat Barry. In his words:

We're always cool with other fighters as long as they're cool with us. We've always been cool with each other since the day we met. We're fighting on Saturday and it's not gonna change a thing for me. It's gonna be two guys coming in. I'm gonna try and kick his head into the third row and he's gonna try and kick my head into the third row.

He also talks about his fight with Travis Browne and what led to the loss. He also speaks about what he expects in the fight with Pat Barry who recently left Roufus Sport to become a permanent member of Team DeathClutch. It's a solid interview with Struve not providing the typical rehearsed lines.

SBN coverage of UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs. Johnson