UFC on Versus 6 Results: Dominick Cruz Fought With a Broken Hand

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
10_cruz_vs_johnson_003_large_large.jpg
According to UFC president Dana White, UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz successfully defended his title last night against Demetrious Johnson despite fighting with a broken left hand. Cruz broke it in the first round of the bout, but never mentioned it to anyone. Here's what he had to say to a media scrum after last night's post-fight press conference (video provided by MMA Nation's Luke Thomas):

"He sits through the whole press conference, doesn’t say anything. I said to him, You’re not gonna talk about your broken hand? He said, "What’s the point? I’m going to get it done and I’ll be back." I respect that."

According to Dana, Cruz will be undergoing surgery on the injured hand next week, which will probably delay his return to the cage. It was expected that Cruz would defend his title next against the winner of the Brian Bowles vs. Urijah Faber bout at UFC 139, but that is all up in the air now. Regardless of the injury, White is a fan of Cruz:

"I thought he looked great tonight. He looked like a well rounded fighter, especially when you know he fought the entire fight with a broken hand."

SBN coverage of UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs. Johnson