UFC on Versus 6: Charlie Brenneman Talks Anthony Johnson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Charlie Brenneman is coming off the biggest win of his career with his win over Rick Story at UFC on Versus 4, but now he has to take on the arguably the biggest welterweight in the UFC, Anthony Johnson. Brenneman did an interview with MMA Nation's Luke Thomas at the UFC on Versus 6 open workouts, and they discussed a variety of topics. Does Brenneman think he can stand with Johnson? Is the Brenneman takedown the key to the fight? Why the heck is he sponsored by Sheetz? You can get the answers to those questions and much more in the video below.

Luke: Talk to me, strategically, how is it wrestling a guy who is gonna have, on fight day, a pretty sizeable advantage (in weight)?

Brenneman: You know, it's definitely the elephant in the room, everyone knows that is it. You know, I look at a fighter like Frankie Edgar, who is smaller than every single fighter he fights, and it's the same basic principle that we learn in striking class. It's just keep moving, left, right, up, down, keep your feet moving, don't let him get planted. Because the second I stand in front of him and we, you know, shot for shot, it's probably not gonna be a good thing on my part.