UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-UFOX1_600X250_JPG.jpg

UFC on FOX

Official Fight Card

Main Card

Heavyweight Championship bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Lightweight bout: Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida
Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza
Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas
Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Clay Harvison
Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
Featherweight bout: Mackens Semerzier vs. Robert Peralta
Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo
Middleweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Paul Bradley
Light Heavyweight bout: Aaron Rosa vs. Matt Lucas

This is UFC's first show on FOX. It is UFC's biggest show by far because of the potential viewers that they can reach on this network. If this doesn't break records for the most watched MMA fight then something will have gone horribly wrong.​

I like how they have only booked the one match for the show. That way the focus is on that but they have plenty of undercard fights that they can show if the title fight ends early.​

The heavyweight title fight will be incredible and I can't pick a winner. Two great fighters and I can't wait to see this fight.​

Very smart move to have Guida vs. Henderson on the undercard because this will be the first extra fight you would show on the maincard if the first fight ends early. Guida is always entertaining and against Henderson it should be no different. The winner here should be getting a title shot.​

Unfortunately UFC haven't announced if it will be shown in Australia but I hope it will.​

What do you think of the card and will you be watching?​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ooh, I'm free that day. Might actually watch it with the girl, Dos Santos vs. Velasquez is a fight that's a must-see.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I checked again and the UFC website hasn't announced who is showing this card in Australia. It would either be ONE or FuelTV because they can't expect us to pay to watch it.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Cain vs Junior. I was kinda hoping it was going to be shown here live, but it doesn't seem like it is. So i'll probably download it Sunday.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It's gonna be an awesome fight, I've got Dos Santos in this by TKO but still think Cain is gonna put on a hell of a fight.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Cain has a lot of good techniques like his wrestling to take on Dos Santos. I get Dos Santos is training wrestling right now, but months of training can it really make up for the years that Cain has been wrestling? I think not in all honest it will take a long time and I can not wait for this fight. I got Cain winning this bout should be a good one,

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Honestly it could go either way so it's kind of hard to really choose a winner. Both have one hit KO power the fight could go 20 seconds or 20 minutes. Regardless of all that it's going to be a crazy fight.

Ben

Reaction score
Have they announced where the rest of the card is going to be shown?

Still think they should of thrown another fight on the FOX telecast just in case Cain/JDS only last a round which could happen with the KO power both guys have. Regardless a exciting time for the UFC and MMA as this is really there shot at the main stream again after the EliteXC mess.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Last i heard they we're going to show the rest on Fox.com i could be wrong though

Ben

Reaction score
That kind of stinks, as I would rather watch it on the TV. Remeber seeing though that once the Fox deal really kicks in come January they where going to show more of the Fights on FX.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah they'll be doing more of the fights + count down shows on FX i think. I do remember reading something about all of it as well. Ill go look it up to be sure.

Ben

Reaction score
This card is stacked so I'll just deal with it and watch the undercard online. Hope they kill it in the ratings, think one of the EliteXC shows on CBS pulled in 5.1 million viewers so would be nice to see them smash that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah just read that's what they're doing in Jan.

While doing so i found this schedule for this weekend. Looking good.

Friday, Nov. 11:

7:00 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT — Weigh-ins live on FUEL TV
7:00 P.M. ET — Cain Velasquez: Brown Pride, episode 3 on FOX Deportes

Saturday, Nov. 12:

3:00 p.m. ET — Cain Velasquez: Brown Pride, episodes 1-3 on FOX Deportes
4:45 p.m. ET — UFC on FOX prelims live on Facebook and FOXSports.com
5:30 p.m. ET — Weigh-ins re-air on FUEL TV
6:00 p.m. ET — UFC Primetime re-air on FUEL TV
6:00 p.m. ET — Re-air of Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar on FOX Deportes
7:00 p.m. ET — UFC prelims live on FOX Deportes
7:00 p.m. ET — Pre-fight show on FUEL TV, hosted by Glazer, along with Kenny Florian and Stephan Bonnar
9:00 p.m. ET — UFC on FOX broadcast, hosted by Curt Menefee, along with Dana White, Brock Lesnar and Joe Rogan. Mike Goldberg and Rogan will call the heavyweight title fight.
10 p.m. ET — UFC on FOX post-fight show on FUEL TV, hosted by Glazer, along with Florian and Bonnar Conclusion:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I finally found out that this will be shown Live in Australia on ONE. Very happy that I can watch it on tv rather than trying to find it on the net.

I would expect this to smash the EliteXC show record of 5.1 million, I think that it could peak at closer to 7 or 8 million.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Lucky haha. Watching them online isn't so bad but i'd much rather perfer them on TV. Hopefully we can get a live discussion thread going between everybody who's watching the show Saturday.