UFC on Fox: Dana White Says New Look Coming in 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0063025144.jpg
It was a minor enough part of the UFC on Fox announcement, but when it was said that the "Gladiator Intro" was going away with the new network deal many fans were excited. There was a feeling that the intro, among other parts of the UFC presentation, felt dated and was no longer "cutting edge."

UFC president Dana White is now making it clear that the new look will not start with the special Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos event on November 12. Via Yahoo! Sports:

"I look at this Fox deal as a fresh start for us, so I want to change everything," he stated. "I want to change the look of the pay-per-view, graphics, show open, the show opens in our Fight Nights, everything's going to have a different feel to it.

"We'll be working with these guys, I love what they do in sports, and to enhance the look and feel of a UFC event."

"The way that this thing is gonna start is, this thing is gonna be a Fox Sports show, the first fight that we do. The November fight is just a bonus fight," stated White. "We don't get into business with Fox until January. So everything will change in January."

It's nice to see Dana admitting publicly that the production can get better and that there are things they can learn from a more experienced network. There are some theories that it was pressure from Fox more than an overwhelming desire on the UFC's part, but a new, fresh look and approach to production is something that the UFC needs.

Even with all the great fights on the horizon, I'm arguably most excited to see what the new look of the UFC will be in 2012.