UFC on Fox: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos Promo During MLB Game of the Week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

If the UFC on Fox deal still hasn't sunk in yet, maybe this video clip will help. Dick Stockton reads a promo for the UFC on Fox debut featuring Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos during Fox's Saturday MLB Game of the Week. (Joe Buck's baseball-hating self had the week off.) Stockton doesn't stop there, sneaking in a plug for Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson as well. Tim McCarver sounds like his usual bumbling self, for those of you into the schadenfreude thing. ("Jon 'Bones' Jones, all right!")

As surreal as it is to see UFC ads on network TV, the UFC just sort of feels right at home on Fox. Dana White said this is the network they always wanted to be on, and, while I'm suspicious of anything Dana says, I want to believe it. I have a hard time picturing Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyk slipping in UFC plugs during breaks in play of national NHL games. Or Bob Costas shilling for cagefighting during that hamfisted Football Night in America Sunday night NFL pregame show.

More UFC on Fox coverage