UFC On Fox 2 To Run Two Hours Long, Feature Four Fights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Admitting the need to adjust the format of their Fox broadcasts, UFC president Dana White revealed to MMAJunkie following last night's epic UFC 139: Shogun vs. Henderson fight card that their next offering on Fox will run for two hours.

UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos did good numbers, but it was no doubt hampered by the fact that the main event - the only fight shown during the hour-long broadcast - lasted just a hair over one minute long. As a result, White also said that the extended broadcast will feature four fights, non championship bouts.

"I don't think you're going to see a title fight, but I don't think you're going to be disappointed with what you're going to see," White said. "We're giving you some good fights."

UFC on Fox 2 is scheduled to take place on January 28, 2012, at the United Center in Chicago.

Fightline.com

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cool, right move considering Bendo/Guida was the FOTN and wasnt even televised last time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Glad they realized the format needed to be changed because hyping a fight for almost an hour only to get a 1 minute result is gonna feel like a waste of time to the average viewer.

Ben

Reaction score
Hope to see some good fights on this card. There's a lot of good matchups already booked on PPV, but there's still some room to through some solid stuff on this card.

Deuce

Reaction score
Definitely going to watch this, hope it's good.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former UFC bantamweight number one contender Demetrious Johnson will try to get back on his horse after falling to Dominick Cruz earlier this year in a fast-paced fight against Eddie Wineland, currently scheduled for UFC on FOX 2 from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

Johnson (9-2) gets an A for effort, but was unable to match "The Dominator" in the striking department at UFC on Versus 6 back on Oct. 1. The loss to Cruz snapped a four-fight winning streak that included unanimous decision victories over Miguel Torres and "Kid" Yamamoto.

Not a bad start for the 25-year old Kirkland native.

Star-divide

Wineland (18-8-1) had also put together a string of four straight wins, which vaulted him into a showdown opposite former champion Urijah Faber at UFC 128.

Unfortunately "The California Kid" was the busier of the two and took home the judge's nod to move on to bigger and better things, while Wineland attempted to rebound against Joseph Benavidez.

He was unable to overcome his opponent's "Joe-Jitsu" and now has back-to-back losses heading into "The Windy City," so expect a sense of urgency in this 135-pound match-up

MMANation.com

Ben

Reaction score
Supposedly there going to announce the main event next week, and this isn't it. Still a really good fight, but there going to surprise us I think with 2 big names for the main event.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I feel like Rampage is going to be involved, he got taken off the UFC Japan card and was talking about how pissed off he was on twitter about it. And maybe Dana would make it up to him by having him on this card.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
According to sources close to the fighters, Mark Munoz and Chael Sonnen will meet in a number one middleweight contender bout early next year. It looks to be the headliner of UFC on FOX 2 with rumors that Munoz’s teammate, Jake Ellenberger will also be featured with a likely opponent being Diego Sanchez. Other rumored bouts include Melvin Guillard vs Jim Miller and Eddie Wineland vs Demetrious Johnson for the event taking place on January 28th at the United Center in Chicago.

Sonnen has been on record saying he will stay active rather than wait for Anderson Silva to be ready to defend his title again. Munoz has a huge opportunity to fight his way into the number one contender slot he has stated he is gunning for. The winner will likely face Silva around June, as Dana White has stated that is the timetable for the undisputed champ’s return to action

MMAnews.com

Huge fights right there if this report is legit.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea that's a hell of a card right there, still think Stann was green and Munoz will be a tough test for Sonnen.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah that'll be an awesome card if it's all true. And i agree with you about Munoz, he's a tough fighter won't be easy for either fighter to pick up the win here honestly.

And i love seeing Diego Sanchez fight, so lets hope this is the card that we'll get on the show.

Ben

Reaction score
Munoz/Sonnen is offfical was announced today and after thinking it over even though I don't like Sonnen I want him to win, just cause I want to see the rematch with Silva so bad.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Supposedly Sonnen/Silva is being eyed for their Brazil show in June. But yeah, Sonnen/Munoz is a huge fight for free TV.

Ben

Reaction score
Sonnen's wrestling looked sick against Stann, but Munoz is a much better wrestler than Stann was plus he has the KO power to get it done. Just don't want to see the Silva/Sonnen fight never happen cause he looses here, which is really likely to happen if he doesn't get the win.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm sort of worried about as well. I like Munoz more but i guess i want Sonnen to win if it means him and Silva fighting.