UFC News: Nick Diaz announces his retirement after a controversial judge's decision

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
In his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan at UFC 143, Nick Diaz announced that he is done with MMA. "I won't accept that this was a loss," Diaz said, "I think I'm don with MMA. You guys pay me way too much, but I don't think I am going to get enough to keep going." Diaz congratulated Condit and thanked his camp.

Joe Rogan pressed and asked if Diaz was really thinking of retiring. "I'm sick of this shit," Diaz said, "He ran from me the whole fight. If that's how you win, I don't want to be a part of this game anymore."

Source: Prowrestling.net

What do you think of Diaz reaction to this? Is he right? Discuss.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
In his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan at UFC 143, Nick Diaz announced that he is done with MMA. "I won't accept that this was a loss," Diaz said, "I think I'm don with MMA. You guys pay me way too much, but I don't think I am going to get enough to keep going." Diaz congratulated Condit and thanked his camp.

Joe Rogan pressed and asked if Diaz was really thinking of retiring. "I'm sick of this shit," Diaz said, "He ran from me the whole fight. If that's how you win, I don't want to be a part of this game anymore."

Ryan's Rant: I had Condit winning three of the rounds, but I am floored that Condit walked away with not only a unanimous decision, but was given four rounds by two of the judges. I selfishly hope Diaz changes his mind, but I can respect the fact that the public aspect of the UFC simply isn't for him. There's no denying that the man is a great fighter, but he came off as miserable being in the limelight. Whatever his final decision is, I wish him the best.

Vintage Punk!

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
Absolutely.
What you guys saw yesterday wasn't MMA.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He won't really retire. I think that they will go with a rare rematch between Condit/Diaz before they fight anyone else. GSP won't be ready until the end of 2012

I agree with him though, Greg Jackson fighters pointing their way to decision victories is going to kill a lot of interest in the sport

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
Absolutely.
What you guys saw yesterday wasn't MMA.

This. I'm not saying it has to be guys just trading punches all day. I enjoy seeing a good ground game executed also but it needs to be a willingness to fight.