UFC Heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Wants to Co-Main Event UFC: Rio

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
bignog_large.jpg
Bloody Elbow's Tom Mendes shares his translation of a recent Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira statement from GracieMag Brazil. Nogueira's name has been bounced around as a participant at UFC 134 (also known as UFC: Rio) and he is now confirming his interest. From GracieMag Brazil:

"I'm trying to recover in order to be fit to fight at UFC Rio. The biggest event of martial arts is coming back to Brazil after 14 years and I'll be there, strong and ready. Anderson Silva will be the main even against Yushin Okami and I want to be the co-main event"

Nogueira has previously expressed interest in rematching Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic but UFC president Dana White said Mirko would never fight in the UFC again following his KO loss to Brendan Schaub. Still, Nogueira doesn't present a huge KO risk and the bout would also represent a rematch of one of the greatest fights in MMA history. Personally, I'd be more excited for that fight than just about any other irrelevant heavyweight fight in the sport.

The GracieMag post also mentions Schaub as a possible opponent for Nogueira.

We'll have more news on UFC: Rio as it becomes available.