UFC Fight Night 25 Notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ufc-fight-night-25-battle-on-bayou-shields-ellenberger-poster_large_large.jpg
My esteemed colleagues have done a great job with their analysis of last night's UFC Fight Night 25 card, so I thought I'd just throw in a few facts and figures in relation to the event. The card definitely ended up in the shadow of the Floyd Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz fight (for what it's worth, I believe Floyd was completely within his rights to do what he did, and Ortiz was at fault for keeping his hands down), and it certainly wasn't the most action-packed card anyway. But there were some bright spots. Jake Ellenberger's knockout of Jake Shields was amazing, and it was great to see Alan Belcher return from his career-threatening eye injury to dominate Jason MacDonald. Anyway, here are the facts and figures I promised.

• Lance Benoist and Matt Riddle won fight of the night, T.J. Waldburger won submission of the night, and Jake Ellenberger won knockout of the night. All of the bonuses were $55,000.
  • 7,112 people attended the event, and the gate was $685,000. The gate ranks at number 10 all-time for Fight Night events.
  • This was the first UFC event in Louisiana since UFC 37 went down in Bossier City on May 10th, 2002. Murilo Bustamante made Matt Lindland tap twice in the main event that night.
  • Ellenberger's 53-second TKO of Shields was the fastest main-event finish at a UFC event since UFC Fight Night 9 on April 5th, 2007, when Joe Stevenson submitted Melvin Guillard in 27 seconds with a guillotine.
  • Before last night, Shields hadn't been stopped by TKO since March 25th, 2000, when Marty Armendarez stopped him in his third pro fight.
More SBN coverage of UFC Fight Night 25