UFC.com Hijacked!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
"On Sunday, January 22nd, the UFC.com website was redirected by a criminal hacker to another website," a statement provided to MMA Fighting read. "The UFC website was quickly restored to the control of the UFC, and there is no evidence suggesting that any confidential information belonging to the company or its customers was compromised by the re-direction of the website. UFC representatives are continuing to investigate the matter and are working with law enforcement agents to prosecute those involved."

MMA Fighting's Ben Fowlkes took White to task for his response and answered White's hypothetical about who might care about the web site hack:

One answer might be: fans who have given the UFC their credit card information at some point in the past. Between online pay-per-view purchases, merchandise, and UFC Fight Club subscriptions, thousands of fans have no doubt passed important confidential information to the UFC through one of its websites, and those people might have liked a little extra reassurance from the public face of the company.

By comparison, after online shoe retailer Zappos.com was hacked earlier this month and the information for a reported 24 million accounts exposed, the company quickly sent out an email to customers to alert them to the situation and advise them to change their login and password information on any other site where they used "a same or similar password." Zappos also reassured customers that the "database that stores your critical credit card and other payment data was NOT affected or accessed."

- Bloodyelbow.com

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was kinda hoping this was Anonymous.

This sucks for anyone who gave UFC their information.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I don't know why they would go after the UFC, it's not a shocker that they support SOPA.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't know why they would go after the UFC, it's not a shocker that they support SOPA.
That statement made no sense. If they support SOPA, they are a target of Anonymous.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
That statement made no sense. If they support SOPA, they are a target of Anonymous.

I meant that I don't see why they're singled out. I haven't heard of any other sites being targeted.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I meant that I don't see why they're singled out. I haven't heard of any other sites being targeted.

You're joking right? Anonymous have taken down more sites in the last few days than any hack ever in history.

They took down the Department of Justice's website!

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
You're joking right? Anonymous have taken down more sites in the last few days than any hack ever in history.

They took down the Department of Justice's website!

You're making me feel like a blueberry. By the way, keep in mind that Department of Justice etc. has gotten no notice over here. I've heard of SOPA/PIPA once on the news. I've been trying to keep up to date and knew that them hacking some government websites but, I haven't heard of anything recently bar the FBI/Whitehouse site taken down.

How many companies have been attacked because the UFC was the first that I have heard of? So many other entertainment companies haven't been hacked to my knowledge I may be wrong. From what I've heard, UFC is one of the few entertainment companies to get hacked - maybe I'm wrong.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You're making me feel like a blueberry. By the way, keep in mind that Department of Justice etc. has gotten no notice over here. I've heard of SOPA/PIPA once on the news. I've been trying to keep up to date and knew that them hacking some government websites but, I haven't heard of anything recently bar the FBI/Whitehouse site taken down.

How many companies have been attacked because the UFC was the first that I have heard of? So many other entertainment companies haven't been hacked to my knowledge I may be wrong. From what I've heard, UFC is one of the few entertainment companies to get hacked - maybe I'm wrong.

Keep in mind this was all rhetorical because Anonymous did not hack UFC. I wish they had though.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Keep in mind this was all rhetorical because Anonymous did not hack UFC. I wish they had though.

The site was redirected to UGNazi.com with the title saying 'Underground Nazi H4ck3rGr0up'. They certainly proved their point.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The site was redirected to UGNazi.com with the title saying 'Underground Nazi H4ck3rGr0up'. They certainly proved their point.
That wasn't mentioned in the OP.

Either way they wouldn't pussy foot, they'd come right out and say we are Anonymous and we shut you down for crimes against freedom.

If it was them however, I'm glad. Way to go guys!

:caruso:

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
That wasn't mentioned in the OP.

Either way they wouldn't pussy foot, they'd come right out and say we are Anonymous and we shut you down for crimes against freedom.

If it was them however, I'm glad. Way to go guys! :drums:

I didn't make the thread about the site being redirected it, I made it for the account information. I felt it had much more relevance to our members. UGNazi are taking credit for everything, I don't know if I would take their word though. They're taking credit for a lot of hacks.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
First things first. Regardless of who it was, it was a shitty thing. Second, Brandon, your support of Anonymous is kind of childish. They will be the reasons for a lot of the stuff happening in the near future. They are not doing the right thing. It is an irrational act to an irrational bill. And do you think Anonymous would give a shit about the support? What would you think if they came here, erased the database, totally destroyed the board and redirected it? I don't think you would find them so cool then.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
First things first. Regardless of who it was, it was a shitty thing. Second, Brandon, your support of Anonymous is kind of childish. They will be the reasons for a lot of the stuff happening in the near future. They are not doing the right thing. It is an irrational act to an irrational bill. And do you think Anonymous would give a shit about the support? What would you think if they came here, erased the database, totally destroyed the board and redirected it? I don't think you would find them so cool then.
We're not supporting SOPA. Also it's not childish to believe in something.

I believe in a free and open internet which is in the verge of collapse right now. If Anonymous can do anything to stop it, I will support them.