UFC & CMA Partner To Donate To Charity

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The UFC has teamed with Century Martial Arts to donate thousands of dollars of gloves, bags and other equipment to the Richard Steele Boxing Club. The nonprofit gym, which is based in Las Vegas, is dedicated to providing "positive avenues for physical, mental and spiritual growth" and was launched five years ago. Chuck Liddell, Roy Nelson and Mike Pyle were present at the donating, doing a meet and greet with the kids in the program and giving a few pointers.

"The UFC has been growing so fast," program head and retired boxing referee Richard Steele said. "We have over 55 kids in our program today. Last month, I hired a new mixed-martial-arts trainer. This guy has really taught the kids how to grapple and kick. Come to find out, if we had had this a year ago, we would have been really a bigger club today. But now we have it, and for the UFC to come here and give us a big plug and give all the kids equipment, I can't express how happy I am. I know it's going to grow tremendously."

Steele added that he thinks MMA is the combat sport of choice for todays kids, saying, "The kids really got me to go that way. The kids really showed interest. A month ago, we had 10 kids. Now we have over 55. They are really coming out. It's a great sport. The main thing here is the the UFC has done a wonderful job marketing, making it exciting. They've done a wonderful job to really draw the interest of the young adults."

UFC executive Reed Harris added his own thoughts, sayingf, "The UFC and Senator Steven Horsford got together with Mr. Steele, and we were able to get Century products to donate thousands of dollars worth of equipment to the gym. Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White, the things they have told me in the job I do is to focus on the kids, and especially the kids of Las Vegas. They all live here. Our company is based here, and it is just so important for us to try to do everything we can to help the youth."

Fightline.com