UFC Apparently Nixes B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch Rematch, Penn to Face Carlos Condit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
bjfitch_medium_large.jpg
Apparently Joe Silva isn't interested in seeing B.J. Penn and Jon Fitch face off again. Their first fight at UFC 127 went to a draw and they were scheduled to face each other at UFC 132, but BJ said on his twitter today that isn't going to happen now. Here's what he had to say:

.bbpBox90539890802049025 {background:url(http://a2.twimg.com/profile_background_images/271466159/bj_twitter_2x.jpg) #ffffff;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

@jonfitchdotnet tried to make it happen but Joe Silva said "the fans don't want it & I'm not interested". Not much more I can do on my endless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply BJ PENN
bjpenndotcom

I find that strange considering the UFC had already booked the fight once before. I realize that Dana White changes his mind based on fan reaction sometimes, but I didn't have a clue that fan sentiment was so negative towards this rematch. Personally, I really want to see it. Anyway, it didn't take long for Carlos Condit to jump in and claim the fight with Penn, and BJ was all for it:

.bbpBox90579930127151104 {background:url(http://a1.twimg.com/images/themes/theme9/bg.gif) #1A1B1F;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

The people have spoken @bjpenndotcom, they want to see us scrap, let's give em what they asked forless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet Reply Carlos Condit
CarlosCondit

.bbpBox90586140930867200 {background:url(http://a2.twimg.com/profile_background_images/271466159/bj_twitter_2x.jpg) #ffffff;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

@CarlosCondit Yup. Let's do it! October 29thless than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply BJ PENN
bjpenndotcom

Interesting to say the least.