UFC Already Examining Security for Possible Sonnen vs. Silva Fight In Brazil

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
CHICAGO -- UFC President Dana White reiterated on Wednesday that the winner of the upcoming Chael Sonnen-Mark Munoz fight on Fox will take on middleweight champion Anderson Silva some time this summer. And White said that he could see putting together a blockbuster Sonnen-Silva rematch in Brazil, possibly in front of tens of thousands of people in a soccer stadium.

That raises an interesting question: Is White concerned about an ugly scene breaking out if Sonnen continues saying the ugly things he has said about Brazlians in general and Silva in particular?

"We've already started worrying about that," White said. "We will have presidential-type security down there for him. The biggest fear would be should Chael win that night. We'd have to f--king dig a tunnel underneath the Octagon."

But White said he likes the idea of Silva fighting his most hated rival in front of his Brazilian fans. And he said the proper security procedures could ensure a safe environment for Sonnen and everyone else in attendance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would be pretty worried about something breaking out there especially if Sonnen wins. The fans would go crazy but I guess UFC could bring out all the fighters from the back to work as security if things go crazy :p Wouldn't want to mess with most of those guys.