UFC 144: Rampage Jackson vs Ryan Bader booked for Feb. 26 in Japan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

Just days after complaining on Twitter that he wouldn't be fighting in Japan when the UFC returns to the country on Feb. 26 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Quinton Jackson has been booked for exactly that.
"Rampage" will take on Ryan Bader in a light heavyweight contest on the main card of UFC 144, which is scheduled to air stateside on Feb. 25 on pay-per-view, according to ESPN.com.
This leaves Stephan Bonnar, who had been campaigning for a bout against the former champion, out in the cold.
Jackson gets his wish to fight in his beloved "Land of the Rising Sun" after saying he was "not happy at all" about not fighting in Japan thinking it was "a big mistake by the UFC."
All is forgiven now, I'm sure.

Damn good fight imo, Bader needs to step it up he beat Brilz, but the lost to Tito who he had no business loosing to hurt his stock.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Awesome that he's on the card. Going to be a good fight. Rampage is going to be looking for a win after losing the Jones fight.

Ben

Reaction score
Surprised this is going to be on PPV, unless it's going to be starting in the early morning in Japan, it's going to be on at like 3 in the morning.

Ben

Reaction score
I just remember watching the Dream New Years Eve Show at 4AM last year drunk off my ass and not realizing that the show was in Japan lol

I'm sure if there putting it on PPV it would just be a day time card in Japan, would be a great card for FX though.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I had heard about a Rampage/Bader fight before it was announced for UFC 144 and i thought it was going to be on the FX card. I would've preferred that as they are doing 2 shows in eight days in January and Rampage on a free show would've been a good draw.

Deuce

Reaction score
This will be EPIC, I am hoping Rampage will defeat Bader here but I dont know if he can pull out a win for sure.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm going with Rampage in this fight, but Bader is a damn good fighter as well so it's not going to be a walk in the park for Quinton.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good combination here. Both fighters will want to bounce back after recent defeats and it should produce a good fight. I will be hoping that Bader can win here.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Really? you're like the first person I've seen to want Bader to win over Rampage. hah I think it'll be a great fight, obviously both guys wanna bounce back.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler