UFC 143 : Diaz vs. Condit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
ufc-143-poster-263965188.jpg

Main card
Interim Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Scott Jorgensen
Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks

Preliminary card (FX)
Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
Welterweight bout: Matthew Riddle vs. Jorge Lopez
Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
Middleweight bout: Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper​

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Diaz/Condit is gonna be off the chain. Been a big Condit fan since the WEC days, would be very nice to see him take the big piece of gold at WW. Certainly gonna be a great fight. Condit really needs to work on his TDD, he can't go on his back against someone as good as Diaz.

I'm gonna say that Werdum will take the victory of Nelson. Roy hasn't looked good in a while though I'd love to see him win.

Also, hoping to see Koscheck make some sort of an impact and state his claim for a WW title shot though he doesn't deserve it. Josh Koscheck = PPV buys.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Does nobody have an opinion on this or am I talking to myself?

[video=youtube;XoswP_TPz5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoswP_TPz5g&feature=player_embedded&list=PL022A521F577170EE[/video]

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
[video=youtube;jneERwpI9Qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jneERwpI9Qs[/video]

Condit looks great, he seems to be as hungry as he's ever been.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Diaz and Condit will not disappoint at all, I am especially stoked to see these two fight it out. Being a UFC fan from way back, I really would like to see Diaz take it. Mostly, I am looking at who has the ability to beat GSP the best out of the two, and I feel that both of them can push GSP to his limits, especially with Diaz's ability to finish fights vs. GSP's inability to finish fights. Either way, I want the winner to go on and beat the shit outta St. Pierre so he can finally be dethroned.

I don't see how Fabricio can lose to Nelson, considering he was the won to beat the almighty Fedor so swiftly. I don't think Nelson can handle his skills.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Diaz and Condit will not disappoint at all, I am especially stoked to see these two fight it out. Being a UFC fan from way back, I really would like to see Diaz take it. Mostly, I am looking at who has the ability to beat GSP the best out of the two, and I feel that both of them can push GSP to his limits, especially with Diaz's ability to finish fights vs. GSP's inability to finish fights. Either way, I want the winner to go on and beat the shit outta St. Pierre so he can finally be dethroned.

I don't see how Fabricio can lose to Nelson, considering he was the won to beat the almighty Fedor so swiftly. I don't think Nelson can handle his skills.

A good fight is almost guaranteed. I would think Diaz is more suitable to beat GSP, but Condit could still do it! WAR CONDIT!

Nelson said that his grappling is better than Werdum MMA wise. I hope he's trying to bait Werdum or else this fight is gonna be over quickly. I'd like to see Nelson win, he's the lovable fat guy.

By the way, I will have results up tomorrow morning. Go to www.mmafighting.com for up to date results.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
CONDIT YOU EPIC MOTHERFRICKER!

Welterweight bout: Dan Stittgen vs. Stephen Thompson
Thompson defeated Stittgen via KO (round kick) at 4:13 of round 1.
Middleweight bout: Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper
Natal defeated Kuiper via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 29–28).

Welterweight bout: Matthew Riddle vs. Henry Martinez
Riddle defeated Martinez via split decision (28–29, 29–28, 29–28).
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
Brown defeated Cope via TKO (punches) at 1:19 of round 2.
Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
Figueroa defeated Caceres via split decision (28–27, 27–28, 28–27). Caceres was deducted two points in the second round for repeated kicks to the groin.
Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
Poirier defeated Holloway via submission (mounted triangle armbar) at 3:23 of round 1.

Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks
Herman defeated Starks via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:43 of round 2.
Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Scott Jorgensen
Barão defeated Jorgensen via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
Koscheck defeated Pierce via split decision (28–29, 29–28, 29–28).
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Werdum defeated Nelson via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27).
Interim Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
Condit defeated Diaz via unanimous decision (48–47, 49–46, 49–46) to become the new UFC Interim Welterweight Champion.​

Fight videos can be found at mma-core.com