UFC 138 Leben vs Munoz to Air on Spike TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
spike_tv_large.png
The UFC returns to the United Kingdom on November 5th for UFC 138 at the LG Arena in Birmingham, England. The card is headlined by Chris Leben and Mark Munoz in what could be considered a title eliminator for the Middleweight belt. Chris Leben has bounced back from the devastating knockout loss at the hands of Brian Stann at UFC 125 with a sensational knockout of Wanderlei Silva at UFC 132. Mark Munoz is currently on a three fight win streak that includes wins over C.B. Dollaway and Demian Maia. Today, Spike TV made it official when they sent out a press release stating they'd be the outlet for airing the event.

From the official release:

Leben said: "I’m really looking forward to this fight against Munoz and fighting in England again. They have some great fans there and the noise they make is loud. It is cool to make a little piece of history fighting in the first ever non-title five round fight, but I guarantee I won’t even need three rounds in this fight."

Munoz said: "Chris Leben is a great fighter. I’ve got a lot of respect for him. He’s got a powerful left hand and he comes forward the whole time. He’s very well-rounded; he has a great chin and he’s shown a lot of wrestling skills and jiu-jitsu technique. He’s a gritty fighter and I’m looking forward to this fight. I think it will go five rounds and I’ll control the entire fight. We’re both resilient so I think we’re going to throw bombs for five rounds. We’re making history so it’s a good trivia question and I’ll always know the answer to it! With a win over Chris I’m definitely going to be knocking at the door of title contention."

The release also confirmed that previously announced fights featuring Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao and Paul Taylor vs. Anthony Njokuani would be televised on the main card.

The event airs on Spike TV at 8pm EST and will run for three hours on a Tape Delay.