UFC 137 Video: B.J. Penn Talks Fighting Nick Diaz and Future Title Shots

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
B.J. Penn is preparing to fight Nick Diaz at UFC 137 in a fight that was originally not scheduled as Penn was set to face Carlos Condit and Diaz was to fight Georges St. Pierre for the welterweight championship. A series of twists and turns bring the fans Penn vs. Diaz now in the main event and Penn talked to Heavy MMA about the changes.

The video:

On the change of opponent and if he was comfortable fighting someone he likes:

...my brother and Cesar Gracie were talking back and forth and Cesar said basically, that they didn't like the options that they were given of who they were gonna fight. Cesar told my brother "what if we have to fight you guys?" And uh...at the end of the day I talked to my brother, who is my manager, and he said it's the only fight that makes sense.

And on if he thinks a title shot is in his future:

Honestly, as of now, I'm not really thinking about (getting a title shot) too much but I think Dana White gives me title shots easier than everyone else, so I'll probably get it. I don't know, Dana likes me.