UFC 137 Press Conference Recap: Jon Anik to Broadcast Booth, UFC on Fox Undercard on

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
SBN coverage of UFC 137: Penn vs. DiazNot to slight the preparation for UFC 137 this Saturday, but two of the biggest and most interesting pieces of news to come out of the event weren't related to the card. But before we get to that, here is the full presser video for those of you looking to watch it in its entirety:

Now, the big news:

• Jon Anik has left ESPN and his gig on MMA Live and will assume a role as a commentator for FX and Ultimate Fighter bouts. Regarding the opportunity Anik said "I believe the UFC's a strong a brand as there is in professional sports, but what really drew me to this organization was the people behind it. I think as strong as this organization is, it's the people behind it. It's a well-oiled machine, I just hope I don't get in the way. I'm very excited to get started." Anik is an outstanding commentator and it was nice to see the MMA community react very positively to this news as Jon will fill the role very capably.
  • MMA Weekly confirmed that the Anik deal is for three years and he will have some sort of role on the Fox debut in November.
  • Since the announcement that the November 12 Ufc on Fox debut would only feature a single fight on the network broadcast, fans have been curious as to how the rest of the card would be delivered. Dana White confirmed that the bouts would all stream on Facebook as well as Fox.com. Not exactly a great thing for Clay Guida and Ben Henderson who will meet in a highly anticipated, very important lightweight bout, but this was somewhat expected.
SBN coverage of UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz