UFC 137: Cesar Gracie - If Nick Diaz Finishes B.J. Penn, He Should Get GSP Next

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Cesar-Gracie-and-Nick-Diaz-450x260_large.jpg
Cesar Gracie might get more mic time than any manager in MMA, and he was at it again today as a guest on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani. Back when Georges St. Pierre was forced off the card with a knee injury, Dana White stated that Carlos Condit would definitely get the next shot and not lose his place in line. Well, Gracie thinks a great performance from Nick Diaz at UFC 137 against B.J. Penn might change that:

"This is the UFC so there's always that chance," Gracie said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "There's no question about it that I will ask for that if Nick has a tremendous performance and he can finish BJ, I would ask for that. But the biggest thing is if the fans want it. If the fans all ask for that, Dana [White] is a smart guy. He knows the sport is about the fans. So who knows?"

Gracie also confirmed there was some reluctance from both guys about facing each other due to their friendship, but a talk between Gracie and JD Penn got things moving:

"We said, 'Hey, you know what? These guys are going to have to fight in the future, at some point in their lives. So let's just get it over with,'" Gracie said.

If Diaz did finish Penn, Gracie would have a point. I believe that there would be a much stronger market for the GSP/Diaz fight than GSP/Condit if that did happen. But that's a big if. There's an angry Hawaiian guy standing between Cesar Gracie and his hopes and dreams, and we'll find out this Saturday whether any of this becomes important or not.

More SBN coverage of UFC 137