UFC 136: Frankie Edgar Talks Gray Maynard, Jose Aldo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Matt Roth is done in Houston covering UFC 136 for MMA Nation, and he shot this video of Frankie Edgar talking to the media following the open workouts. Frankie is candid and interesting, and it's a shame that he doesn't have a bigger profile. From Matt's post at Nation:

For the past two years, Edgar has had to focus on only two opponents in B.J. Penn and Gray Maynard. There are questions regarding if there is a benefit to being able to focus on and prepare for one fighter over an extended period of time. Edgar's responded saying, "having to fight the same guy twice has brought the best out of myself. It's forced me to come up with I wouldn't say a different style but just making sure I have a repeat performance and an even better performance."

"Camp is what it is, man" Edgar said. "It's never easy. Whether it's a new guy or the same guy. If anything maybe the same guy is a little more challenging because you have to come up with a new game plan."

The champion also weighed-in on whether he believes Maynard would make changes to his game plan for this third and final meeting. "I'm sure he's gonna change some things up," said the champion. "I'm sure he's gonna try and hit me with a big shot. I think a little more takedowns. Who knows, man? It's a guessing games."

Edgar also touches on fighting at featherweight and whether he believes we'll see him fight featherweight champ Jose Aldo at lightweight in the future.