UFC 135: Rashad Evans Picks Jon Jones to Defeat Rampage Jackson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Rashad-Evans-UFC-Fighter-psd39401_large.png
MMA Interviews conducted (what else) interviews with a few high-profile UFC fighters and asked them to pick a winner for the UFC 135 main event between Jon Jones and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. The cross-section of guys they asked is pretty interesting, with Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz and Mauricio Rua offering opinions along with a guy who knows each main event fighter pretty well - Rashad Evans. Evans offered the most interesting answer (transcribed by MMA Mania):

"One thing I experienced with Rampage, (he has) a very strong core. Jon may take him down if he uses his leverage and a lot of his judo, I think that's probably how he's going to get him down. But if he just tries to shoot in on him, Rampage may be pretty tough to take down off just a shot. ... I think that Jon Jones uses his range and his speed to keep Rampage off balance and at the same time using his ability to take Rampage down to try to impose some of his will. I think Jon tries to get it done, I think he does it standing up."

Rashad, of course, is a former training partner of Jones', and defeated Rampage via decision at UFC 114. He is expected to face the winner of this bout for the UFC light heavyweight title.

You can catch the responses from each over at Mania, or watch the whole video yourself here.