UFC 135: Josh Koscheck and Matt Hughes Say Yes to Proposed Fight, Not Official

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0063668380.jpg
As previously reported, Diego Sanchez was injured and forced out of his UFC 135 bout with Matt Hughes. Josh Koscheck tweeted that he accepted to step in and face Hughes on only a few weeks notice. While the MMA world waits to see if Hughes accepts the fight, Koscheck is up to his old tricks, poking at the UFC vet while talking to USA Today:

Q: When did UFC contact you about replacing Diego?

Koscheck: They contacted me maybe about two hours ago. They obviously called my manager and my manager called me, and I said, "Yeah, let's take it."

It's a fight that I've been wanting for a long time. Now we've just got to wait and see if Matt Hughes will accept the fight. So we're waiting on him.

I told them that I'm game and I'm in shape. I've been training so I'm ready to fight.

There is nothing wrong with a little bit of mind games and Koscheck put Hughes in a position where he looks bad should he not accept the tough last minute change of opponent.

To his credit, Hughes recently tweeted:

.bbpBox111158601841774592 {background:url(http://a0.twimg.com/images/themes/theme1/bg.png) #C0DEED;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

Still waiting to hear back from the UFC. I have said "yes" to facing either Koscheck or Fitch at UFC 135. I should know more later.less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply Matt Hughes
matthughes9x

If both men said yes but Hughes is waiting to hear more, it's entirely possible that he is looking for a little bonus for accepting the replacement. It's become fairly common for fighters in the UFC in his position to do so.