UFC 135: Jon Jones Speaks With British Accent, Admits to Spying

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

This is bizarre. Andy Kaufman bizarre.

In this interview with MMA Nation's Luke Thomas, Jon Jones puts on a British accent and keeps it up for the duration of the chat. I'm not an expert, but I would place the accent somewhere in Manchester or London. (Brits, help me out here.)

But that's not all! Midway through the interview, Jones (or whatever character he's putting on) admits to spying on Quinton Jackson's training camp:

Luke Thomas: On a scale of one to ten, one being you didn't even notice it, ten being you couldn't sleep at night, rate the level of distractions in this camp.

Jon Jones: Well, you know, I'm British, so being a double agent is what we do. So, it wasn't a distraction. I simply got caught.

Luke Thomas: ...right. You got caught spying?

Jon Jones: Yeah, he caught me. It was his chef. Chef kinda put me out there a little bit. I'm comfortable with it, too late now.

Luke, understandably, is caught off guard here and sort of stumbles through some dead air. The conversation turns to Carlos Condit and Georges St. Pierre, who Jones describes as his "mates."

When asked if he would give his post-fight interview in the British accent, Jones says, "Absolutely mate, or maybe I might even go French."

And for any skeptics out there, Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, confirms it is Jones in this tweet.