UFC 135: Dana White Video Blog, Day 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

The UFC's giant tie-dyed sign, presumably in the lobby of their Las Vegas offices, never ceases to amuse me. It's so bizarre and tacky and so far removed from the UFC ethos. And who made it? Who tie dyes on commission? White and the Fertittas must have slummed it at the North Vegas Swap Meet (I highly recommend this link) and found some old hippie dude who specializes in this sort of thing.

Highlights:

• UFC President Dana White runs through the video blog's content.
  • Footage from UFC 134: Dana enters the arena. He complains about the referee's late stoppage in the Luiz Cane fight. Backstage with Yushin Okami and Anderson Silva as they make their way into the arena. White and Lorenzo Fertitta greet Silva in his locker room after the fight. Dana congratulates and thanks Okami for a great fight. White and Junior dos Santos joke with Erick Silva about Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira robbing him of knockout of the night. Nogueira is ecstatic at the news, lifts Dana White over his shoulder, and promises to give Silva $5,000.
  • Footage from UFC Fight Night 25: Matt Riddle congratulates Lance Benoist on his win. Shamar Bailey asks to train with Evan Dunham. Cody McKenzie is not happy with the cameras. Jake Shields and Jake Ellenberger approach the entrance. Jake Shields complains about the stoppage to a commission official, who tells Shields his eyes were glazed over. The official talks about getting a CAT scan; Shields asks about radiation. Ellenberger is calm, cool, and collected after his big win.
  • Footage from UFC 135 press conference: Reporter: "When can we expect you back [in Colorado]?" Dana: "We haven't come yet." Quinton DIES. We see the infamous faceoff, where "Rampage" clowns on Jon Jones' stare-away tactic.