UFC 134 Video: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Talks About Recovering From Injuries

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira has been sidelined for quite some time now while trying to recover from multiple injuries. After being on the shelf since February 2010, 'Big Nog' says he's better now, and tells UFC Brazilian correspondent, Paula Sack on just how bad it really was before having these surgeries:

For sure. (After the surgeries) I'm more flexible, faster.

For the last 3 years, I would wake up in the morning, unable to get out of bed. I would be late to training. It was a lot of work just to get up and get ready. My hips would be locked in the morning. My knees would hurt a lot. I would have to ice my knees and go into ice tubs all the time to stop the pain.

Before my fight against Randy Couture, I spent 4 days without sleep because my hips were hurting so much. Nothing would make the pain go away so I had to stop to fix it all.

After more than a year, and multiple surgeries on his hip, and on both knees, he will be taking on Brendan Schaub on his home country of Brazil for UFC 134. He says he's ready, but will he really be fully recovered by then? I guess we'll find out in a few days.