UFC 134: Rio Results - Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami Fight Video Highlights

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
I suggest purchasing the PPV as it was a very entertaining card from top to bottom, but if you missed the event and would rather settle for a 30 second highlight of the main event, then we've got it covered as well. Here's ESPN's highlights of the UFC 134 main event bout with Anderson Silva giving another masterful performance, as he continues to cement himself as one of the very best MMA fighters in history.

Here's the detailed play-by-play from Brent Brookhouse's live blog of the event:

Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami - Round 1 - Leg kick by Silva early. Okami throws three punches and hits a lot of air. Okami lands a few short punches while Silva looks to lock up a muay thai clinch and they go back to distance. Nice right hand by Silva. Okami pushes Silva into the cage and Silva tries to lock up the clinch again. The struggle against the cage continues and Silva lands a sharp knee forcing Okami to shoot for the takedown and then back off. Silva starting to jab and now use head movement to avoid the punches from Okami. Head kick lands for Silva right before the round ends and that's enough to take the round on my card. 10-9 Silva.

Round 2 - Silva comes out hard with leg kicks and punches and he stands in front of Okami with his hands down, avoids a punch and drops Okami with a right hand. He tells Okami to stand up and starts again with the hands down and countering. Now Okami is afraid to throw punches at a guy standing in front of him with his hands down. Silva does it again and drops him with a punch. Silva follows up with some ground and pound to get the stoppage. Anderson Silva is so far above the rest of the middleweights in the world, it's not even funny. Right hand dropped Okami for that finishing flurry. Anderson Silva wins by TKO (punches), round 2.