UFC 134 Results: Yves Jabouin Works Ian Loveland to a Split Decision

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Jabouin_large.jpg
On the feet Yves had the clear advantage. He was throwing nice kicks and keeping the fight at a distance. Loveland caught a kick to the body and took the fight to the floor. He was working from half guard and was throwing some nice elbows from the top. The referee stood them up to check Ian's glove and kept the fight there after getting whatever was wrong fixed. Once the fight continued it was Loveland who was the agressor. Jabouin threw some fancy kicks and rocked Ian with a big punch. He followed up with a flying knee and the crowd went crazy.

The second opened and it was as if there was no break in between rounds. Jabouin was dominant from the top until Loveland swept him and was in mount. He wasn't able to throw significant strikes and the Brazilian crowd was yelling "Stand them up!" and cheered wildly when they got back to their feet. Jabouin threw another spinning kick that landed low. The crowd loved the stand up of Yves who was clearly the flashier striker. He was the clear winner of the round and on my card up 20-18 going into the third.

The third saw Jabouin fall into a counter punching mode. Any time Loveland came forward he'd side step and throw a 1-2 combo. A couple unsuccessful takedowns from Loveland pretty much sealed this as a win for the Canadian fighter. A variety of strikes from Jabouin kept the Brazilians entertained and ensured that Ian was unable to get any offense going. His activity in the third round won it for me and I have it 30-27 Jabouin.

The win is the first in Yves Jabouin's UFC career. He's been talked up by Firas and Georges as a threat and it looks like they weren't lying. That was an impressive win for the Canadian fighter. For Ian Loveland he needs to rework his wrestling which should be the biggest part of his MMA game.

SBN coverage of UFC 134: Rio